The City of Sebastian Police Department urges our citizens to review the listed links for relevant information regarding any hurricane or tropical storm that may affect our area.
FPL Outages Information
Please be sure to report power outages to Florida Power & Light (FPL) at 800-4-OUTAGE. By reporting to FPL, it helps us keep track of power outages after the storm.
Indian River County Emergency Services
- Indian River County Emergency Services Website
- Indian River County Emergency Services Facebook
- Indian River County Emergency Services Twitter
- Indian River County Emergency Services YouTube
- Disaster Preparedness Information, Tools. Tips, and Links
- Special Needs Evacuation Shelter
- Pet Evacuation Shelter
- Phone Number: 772-567-2154
National Weather Service
- National Hurricane Weather Center
- NOAA Weather Radio
- For questions regarding NOAA Weather Radio, please call 772-567-2154
State of Florida Resources
- Florida Emergency Information Line - 800-342-3557
- The Florida Emergency Information Line (FEIL) is a toll-free hot-line activated at the time of an emergency to provide an additional resource for those in Florida to receive accurate and up-to-date information regarding an emergency or disaster situation impacting the State of Florida.
- Florida Disaster Emergency Information Website
- Florida 511
- The Weather Channel
Hurricane Preparedness Tips
In addition to gathering needed provisions to sustain life for all in your household for numerous days, it is a good idea to gather the information needed to repair your residence.
Research and make a list of local established businesses:
- Aluminum Repair Services
- General Contractors
- Tree Trimming Services
Building Department Resources
Any possible service you may need to get your life back to normal. As you construct your list, check with the building department to ensure the company is licensed and insured, City of Sebastian Building Department contact number is 772-589-5537. All contractors who work in the city must be licensed and registered with the city. Contractors must provide license and proof of liability and workman’s compensation insurance or exemption.
Find the businesses that have been established for some time to avoid contracting with an unlicensed contractor, whereby avoiding being victimized and suffering a large financial loss.
Take the time to review your homeowners and auto insurance policy before any named storms are pending. It is likely after a storm becomes named, and during the duration of that storm, that you may not be able to make any changes or additions to your policy.