The City of Sebastian elected officials, and all employees, are committed to making Sebastian the most desirable city in the State of Florida to live, for businesses to flourish and visitors to enjoy. Sebastian will become known as a city that manages and develops its human, natural and financial resources such that it is consistently able to provide and improve upon its reputation as a highly attractive and safe community with enviable business and recreational opportunities.
Achieving Our Mission
We will achieve this mission by implementing the following strategies that build on excellent work already begun:
- Ensure that all employees fully understand and work toward the achievement of the mission.
- Determine through workshops and surveys, the most important stated and unstated needs and expectations of the majority of our residents. Concurrently, seek to assess both internal and external attitudes toward all major City sponsored programs designed to meet those needs and expectations.
- Continually assess the City’s recreational and cultural activities and work to provide an optimal mix that satisfies our residents.
- Develop a Growth Management plan that recognizes the City’s current and future growth needs.
- Continue to improve the budgeting process so that all human, natural, and financial resources are allocated and all capital improvements are developed and implemented consistent with this mission.
- Design and implement an employee recruitment, training, and development plan that finds, trains, develops, and retains people with the skills and talents needed to achieve the City’s mission.
- Develop and promulgate an Economic Development Policy that will entice commercial enterprises to Sebastian, thereby strengthening and expanding the City’s financial resources.
- Continue to improve methods of communicating information to residents.
Each Department of the City of Sebastian will develop and accept responsibility for specific action steps designed to achieve its portion of the mission.
Mission Review & Measures of Success
The City will review its mission statement annually and measure its progress periodically based on the completion of specific goals set forth in the annual budgeting process. The final measure of success will be the realization of the City of Sebastian’s mission.