In recent years, Sebastian Municipal Airport has seen a vast amount of infrastructure improvements. Some of these include:
- ADS-B Next Gen Tower installation and activation.
- Complete Perimeter Fencing with five electric gates
- Completed project to add new roadway, taxiway and infrastructure on east of airport using Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) grant. This will provide future space for hangers and light manufacturing.
- Construct new airport maintenance building for all airport equipment
- Construction of 40 T-hangars
- Construction of General Aviation Terminal and Administrative Offices
- Water and Sewer Utility Extensions on airport west side, completed October 2022
- Construction of a new Hanger D, due to be completed Summer of 2023
- Remarking of Runway 10-28, as well as Taxiway Bravo, completed March 2023
- Eastside renovation with new entrance road/landscaping, new location for golf course maintenance building and building sites for new small businesses.
- FDOT/FAA grant to rehabilitate Runway 5-23 Scheduled for late 2023, including new LED lighting and REILs
- Florida DOT grant for four new hangers, 60' x 60', on the west side, to be completed by Spring 2024
- Implementation of SuperAwos Sebastian Airport CTAF/UNICOM 123.05
- Installation of 24/7 self serve aviation gas system adjacent to Airport Administration Building on the southeast ramp of the Airport
- Installation of PAPI Approach Light System on all runways
- Medium Intensity Runway Lighting (RWY 5-23)
- Numerous Security Upgrades (Proximity Badges, Cameras, Fiber Optics)
- Rehabilitation of Taxiway "A"
Additionally, Airport Development Guidelines have recently been published to clarify and streamline the entire leasing process and assist prospective tenants throughout their site development.